Yesterday my friend and I went down south for some family business of hers. We made it down there okay but as we were coming into Wellington a lady decided to make a left hand turn right in front of us. We were going about 40-50 mph, my friend slammed on the brakes and tried to swerve out of the way but the lady still wasn't watching and we plowed right into her. I think that if the other lady had applied her brakes when we started to swerve we would have missed each other. The lady came out in tears and felt so bad. We all walked away with just aches and bruises.
Since my friend swerved she didn't have much damage to her car. The other car was not so lucky and had even caught on fire. My friend's car was able to start and we thought she would be able to drive it home but the bumper got pushed into the tire. A tow truck driver was able to pull it out and then we started down the road. As we were driving it was apparent that we would not be able to drive it home as the transmission was out. Luckily she had seen a friend drive by (I know how strange is that) and she got a hold of him and he was able to drive us back home. It took almost three hours before we left Wellington to head home. It made for quite an adventure and a very long day.
It was my first real accident and I'm happy to say I only came out with a small bruise on my knee. Hopefully it's my first and last!
Here is my friend's car
And here is the other car
9 years ago

7 comments:
WENDY-I am so glad that you are alright! That is terrible. I wish stuff like that didn't have to happen! Well at least everyone is doing okay! LoR
I am glad that you are alright! As a side note it sounds like you already had a girls outing once this week, I see how you are.... ha ha ha
I am glad your cute little face is ok. I can't believe the other car compared to yours!!! Good thing your friend was paying attention!!
i hate that accident feeling...glad you are ok and glad the other car got most of the damage :)
Man alive, that's scary! But, I see you're always prepared with the camera...way to go!
That is crazy - I didn't know this happened. Good thing you have a blog so I can read it. WOW your friends car turned out looking pretty good compared to the other one.
So glad nothing too bad happened. Thank goodness for seatbelts!
Post a Comment