Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Easter 2011

This year for our Moab Easter Safari trip we headed down the weekend before Easter. Jon had to work Easter weekend and plus it made it so we could do whatever trails we wanted without having to wait for the guided tours. The weather was great. The day we left was cloudy and rained after we headed out so we couldn't ask for anything better.

One day we went out to Tusher Tunnel, which is just a short drive from where we camp. We usually go out there every year but I never really take any pictures. It's like a cave that you can walk through to a open area on the other side. It's only about 50 yards long. It's a fun ride out there and something fun to do in the morning before we hit the trail.

Me at the parking area

Jon in the tunnel

At the end of the tunnel


One day we went on Hell's Revenge. Jon and I really like this trail. It's not hard, but it is short and easy. Plus who doesn't like to see all the slick rock?

View of the Colorado River from the trail

Going up Hell's Gate

More of Hell's Gate

Zach and Gaylon on Escalator

Our camping spot is great because it allows for a lot of 4-wheeling and short trips while we are at camp. One of the favorite things to do are night rides. Jon went on a couple of night rides and had a ball. I stayed back by the fire each time because I did not want to get cold. We had a great trip and I really liked going early so the trails are packed with vehicles.

0 comments: