Saturday, August 2, 2008

Overnighter

Last weekend we went up American Fork Canyon to spend the night with some friends. It was nice to get away from the heat and enjoy the great outdoors. As soon as we got up to Forest Lake and started a fire we heard a clap of thunder and it started raining. Well not raining but pouring. We hurried and put our tent up and then huddled under the trees. Our shirts were soaked for most of the night and it made a muddy mess. It only rained for amout 45 minutes, so we got to enjoy the rest of the evening by the fire.

While we were huddled under the trees a moose came down to the lake. As you can see my picture is not the best, but needless to say it is a moose.



The next morning was beautiful, as you can see in the pictures.




On our way up to the lake somehow Jon managed to get a branch stuck in our shocks. Now this wasn't a small branch but more like a small tree trunk. We had to use the winch to get it out. What would a trip be without getting out the winch?



It was a short trip but well worth it to get away from the endless heat.

4 comments:

Sarah and Dan said...

You sure that isn't an elephant with horns?!

Caldwell Family 6 said...

I am just going to admit it, we haven't been camping this year...and JOHN SOLD OUR TRAILER!!! GGGGRRRRRR How dare he! I am so angry about it! Tell your husband to call and yell at my husband, well we are supposed to do sod next Tues or Wed, you will have to come for a little barbecue and check out the yard. I have been so ready to be done with it! But come on, have you ever known me to be impatient? : )

Aubri n Scott said...

I am a party pooper, Scott married the wrong girl! I am not a camper and he loves it! What can i do? I miss seeing you guys every week! We need to get togethet to BBQ or something!

Kimm said...

so I think I want to come camping with you. Looks like you are always having fun!