Last night Jon and I along with some friends went to Blue Lake in Wendover to go scuba diving. This was the first time I had been since I certified. I was a little nervous about the whole thing. Blue Lake is a popular spot for divers as it is a warm spring fed lake and the water is pretty warm. We got in the lake and decided to go under. I think I descended too fast because I got down and my ear was in pain and I couldn't equalize it. So Jon and I went back to the surface. Our friends came up soon after we did and we all decided to swim towards the middle of the lake and then go down. The second time we went down I didn't have any problems equalizing.
The lake was so merky we couldn't see anything - not even five feet away. If no one has touched the botton of the lake and stirred up all the silt then the lake is usually clear. Not the case this time. I was a little scared of not being able to see anything. I clinged to Jon. Not letting go of him at all. I made sure one hand was always touching him. Since he is the more experienced diver I put my trust in him. And then this got me thinking about life. Many times I go through life thinking I can do everything on my own. When really I can't and I need to cling to my Heavenly Father and let him lead me. It was so easy for me to put my trust in Jon but it's not always easy to put my trust in the Lord. Probably because I'm stubborn and want things done my way. Something to work on I guess. We got home late last night but needless to say it was a fun trip and I can't wait to do it again.
9 years ago

5 comments:
Oh, that sounds like so much fun! Scott and I were in wendover from Saturday to Sunday! I wish I would have known! We could have had breakfast or something! Any way, I totally know what you mean about putting your trust in Heavenly Father. I do this too, with Scott and all the time I did it with my dad. But it is hard I think to trust something that you can't see? Does that make sense? I wish I had the trust and innocense of a little child, then things wouldn't seem so comlicated! Cute Blog by the way! I miss you guys!
I don't think I would ever go scuba diving!!
I know the feeling--trusting in what we can see and touch is so much easier. Awesome--I didn't know you had certified. I've always wanted to do that! I totally get the "freaked out by murky water thing". On our honeymoon, i wouldn't let Sean swim away from me at all and in Florida, when we walked the beach at night, I made him walk closest to the deeper water because I just hate that unknown feeling.
by the way, where are you going on the cruise??
Hey woman! How are ya? When are we going camping? LoR
Post a Comment