Saturday, January 10, 2009

My First Book


I finished it! I kept hearing about this book you could make from your blog and so I thought I would try it out. I was a little scared because I wasn't sure how it would turn out and if the quality would be good, but I decided to give it a try anyways. Once I finished the design and layout and sent in my order the anticipation was killing me. I was super excited to see how my first book would turn out. I was surprised when I received an email two days after submitting my order telling me that my book was ready to be shipped. I had my book one week after placing my order. I was impressed with the response time. The morning came that the book was to be delivered. FedEx showed up at work early that day - Yeah! I got the package opened it up and .... it was way better than I expected. I had really expected the worst. I know so positive huh? I am really pleased with how it turned out. Jon was making fun of me when I told him what I planned to do but now that it's here and he can see it he is impressed as well. The idea of this book was the reason I started blogging. I am not a scrapbooker or journal writer and this book wraps it all up in one and looks way better than any scrapbook I could make. So I give it two thumbs up - way up!


6 comments:

Angela said...

That is way cool - I can't wait to see it in person. You will have to get me the information so I can do it at the end of this year with my blogging. :)

Holly said...

What program or website did you use? I would love to do this, but haven't yet....

Jonie said...

Totally awesome, I want to see it too.

Tiffany said...

Awesome! We blog for the same reasons. I'm excited to make a book for us too. What website did you use?

Kimm said...

I need to do it..where did you do it and how much...give me all the good info..

Wendy said...

For those who have asked I made my book through Blurb. However, I have heard that they currently cannot "slurb" from blogger. I downloaded the free software at the beginning of last year so I have an older version. When I heard that they were having issues slurping from blogger I decided not to update my version and just keep the old one. Good thing I did because it worked out great for me. They do have suggestions on their website under the forum section on what you can do but I haven't tried any of those. Good Luck.