Sunday, April 26, 2009

Funny Things Kids Say

I don't have any kids and don't work with any kids but that doesn't mean my friends kids still don't say funny things to me. So here are a couple of recent ones that I keep laughing at.

In Sacrament Meeting Jon and I sit with our friend and her three kids while her husband sits on the stand. They are great kids and we have really enjoyed sitting with them. Last Sunday the five year old daughter was sitting on Jon's lap and I guess she had leaned her mouth on his shoulder and she accidentally slobbered on him and this is the conversation they had

Jon: Brynlee, did you just slobber on me?
Brynlee: Yeah (sheepishly)
Jon: That's okay, it will dry

Then Jon turns to me and says "Look what Brynlee just did" pointing at his shirt. I look at Brynlee and say "Brynlee did you just slobber on Jon?" Brynlee looks at me and holds her hand up like she is saying stop and assures me "Don't worry it will dry". Now Jon and I will frequently walk around the house with our hand up saying "Don't worry, blah blah blah" We get a chuckle everytime.

Then yesterday another friend dropped by with her three year old to get some raspberry starts. It was raining outside so the three year old and I were inside while my friend was outside digging up my raspberries. Her three year old was climbing all over me and I was telling her not to get too close because I was sick. This is how our conversation went.

Me: Don't get too close Brin, I'm sick.
Brin: Are you going to throw up?
Me: No, I'm not going to throw up.
Brin: Well when will you throw up?
Me: I'm not going to throw up because my tummy doesn't hurt, only my throat.
Brin: No, when are you going to throw up?
Me: I'm not going to throw up Brin
Brin: But I want you to throw up.

So what does that say when a three year old wants to watch you throw up? These kids just keep me smiling!!

0 comments: