It is tradition that Jon and I got to the State Fair each year with Jon's parents. I look forward to this every year. The animals are always fun to watch and pet. I also enjoy looking at all the crafts, food, pictures, etc. that people in our state submit. My mother-in-law and I were looking at the canned items and it was really interesting to see what people made. For example, geranium jelly (who knew you could do that and how do you make it), basil jelly (I can't imagine putting that on my morning toast), pickled watermelon rind (I would never think to do that with a watermelon rind), but there were also items that were a little more common like raspberry jam. Besides all the usual items you look for at the fair there is also the joy of people watching. That's a joy in itself. So here's my tribute to the Utah State Fair!
The sheep sleeping on each other
All the cows in a row - so well behaved
Here Bessie!
The goat is trying to escape
Jon petting a goat
Now that is one ugly chicken
This one was just singing away
Lop eared rabbit
One of the tigers from the India Tiger show
Cute little piglets
That is one big pig
9 years ago

2 comments:
I love the piglets! They are too cute!
Looks like fun. I hope you ate lots of yummy deep fried fair food!
Post a Comment