Friday, September 19, 2008

Canning

Despite all the work it takes I really do love canning. I really love it when you take the jars out of the pot and you hear the popping sound. This sweet sound tells me that it actually worked and my jars have sealed. This year I canned tomatoes and raspberry jam. Since I didn't plant any tomatoes this year I had to buy some. The one year I really need to can tomatoes is the year I don't plant any. Oh well that's how life goes. I spent a good part of the day last Saturday dedicated to canning. I made a mess of my kitchen and my feet were killing me for several hours later but it was worth it. I got 16 pints and 3 quarts of tomatoes and 10 pints of raspberry jam. I really love the sense of accomplishment that comes with canning. So here's some pictures of my accomplishment.


Before


My big mess


After

5 comments:

Tiffany said...

You need to teach me how to can tomoatoes! Better yet, just do it for me!! I can make freezer jam, but I'm too lazy to do anything else. What an awesome talent and accomplishment.

Sarah and Dan said...

I thought you said you made a mess.... whatever! That is nearly as tidy as you can get canning!

Jonie said...

Totally awesome!!!

Aubri n Scott said...

You should call me next time! I love canning! I may be borrowing some jam! Wink, Wink!!

Anonymous said...

what mess?? mmm i want some!